Sunday, May 9, 2010

Berry Fun

It feels like summer outside, which means swimming, playing outside, and STRAWBERRIES! I love all kinds of fruit, but I think berries are my favorite. My mom thinks that if I had it my way, I would just eat berries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She's wrong, though, because she forgot about cookies. Anyway, this weekend, we went to a local farm to pick strawberries. Here I am pointing the way to the nice juicy ripe berries.

Here I am helping my dad pick the good ones.

Someone has to taste-test the strawberries to make sure they're ripe. Yummy!

Look how many strawberries we picked! And when I say "we", I really mean my mom and dad. What do I look like, a farm hand?

Still, being out in the sun and eating fresh-picked strawberries is an awful lot of work for a little kid like me. After I take a long nap, I'll look forward to warm strawberry bread, strawberry popsicles, strawberry compote on french toast, strawberry lemonade, strawberry ice-cream...

No comments: